‘Karna’ refers to Ear according to Ayurveda. Karnapooranam is the treatment that helps in the cleansing ear and keeping it healthy. This treatment helps to remove any small to chronic pain in the ear. This is a process where medicated herbal oils are applied to the ears for 5 to 10 minutes. This solution not only improves hearing but also helps in avoiding any major ailments related to the ear.
The following steps are followed in Karnapurna therapy.
- Do a head massage of the patient for 15 to 30 min before the procedure. The Brahmi oil can be used for head massage
- Ask patient to lie down on the lateral position
- Take medicated oils as per disease and indications of the oils.
- Pour a few drops of medicated warm oil into the affected ear and let the patient stay in the lateral position for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Ask the patient to rest for half an hour after this procedure.
Benefits of Karnapooranam Treatment
- Cleanses ear canal
- Improves hearing
- Removes all ear wax and dirt
- Strengthens the bones in the ear
- Prevent neck stiffness
- Relieves earache
- Calms the mind
- Strengthens surrounding nerves
- Helps to manage vertigo