Pizhichil or Thailadhara is a very excellent detox therapy. The term translates to squeezing . the medicated oil for the massage therapy is squeezes from a cloth dipped in the warm medicated oil into the patient body.
The procedure involves squeezing of the warm and heated oil from a cloth. However, the first step in Pizhichil usually starts with applying oil on the head and body of the person receiving the massage. Then a cloth is placed or tied over the forehead so that the oil poured on the head does not enter the eyes. The oil that is used in Pizhichil can be varied ranging from sesame oil to ghee to other types of thailams which are made by combining various herbal oils. The type of Ayurvedic oil used on a person depends on his or her medical conditions and requirements.
This procedure results in profuse sweating, which is a great way to eliminate toxins from the body. The result of this detoxification is a soft and glowing skin, a healthy circulatory system, and slowing the aging process.
Pizhichil lasts for 60 to 90 minutes and is taken for a period of 7 to 21 days.
This treatment is very useful for muscular aches and pains, Rheumatic problems, paralysis, osteo-artheritis, Insomnia, depression, and sexual problems.
Health Benefits of Pizhichil
The Pizhichil treatment combines the goodness of both oils and heat providing the body and mind with numerous amazing benefits. Some of its benefits are as follows:
- Improves overall blood circulation
- Strengthens immunity system Completely rejuvenated body
- Helps in quick healing of fractured bones
- Improves muscle development
- Reduces stress, anxiety and tension
- Eliminates nervous weakness and disorders
- Treats paralysis, arthritis and rheumatoid diseases
- Reducing acne and increasing youthful and radiant skin
- Preventing signs of aging.