Allergic Cough Allergic cough is the response of immune system to an allergen. This type of cough lasts for upto a week. Ayurvedic approach in treating Allergic cough is to strengthen our immune system.
Symptoms of Allergic Cough:
- Frequent dry cough
- Irritability of throat
- Hoarseness of Voice
Cough is a reflex action that clears your airway of irritants and mucus. There re two types of cough: productive cough that produces phlegm or mucus and nonproductive cough also known as dry cough, doesn't produce mucus.
Allergic condition that cause itchy nose, nasal congestion, sneezing and sore throat. When our body comes into contact with an allergen, it releases histamine, which is a natural chemical that defends your body from the allergen. This chemical can cause allergic rhinitis and its symptoms, including a runny nose, sneezing, and itchy eyes.
According to Ayurveda , the formation and accumulation of toxins in the body is considered to be the cause of Allergic Rhinitis. The vitiated dosha obstructs the pathway of the pranavata. The Ayurvedic treatment of Allergic Rhinitis mainly advices avoidance of allergens, and de-toxification. Depending on the patient condition, If needed external therapies are advised by the Doctor.
DIET RECOMMENDATIONS (AAHAR)
- Prefer light food
- Consume lukewarm water.
- Avoid fermented food and soar food
- Avoid non-vegetarian food
- Avoid sweets, ice-creams, cakes and desserts
- Avoid yogurt and curds
- Avoid Alcohol and cold beverages
- Ayurvedic medications like Dasamoola kadutrayam kashayam, Pathyakshadhatryadi kashayam, Dasamoolarasayanam ,Taleesapatradi choornam etc . Take medications only after consultation with our Doctor.
LIFESTYLE CHANGES (VIHAR)
- Stay away from causes that are responsible for causing irritation
- Use mask while going out to public places
- Always prefer warm water baths and avoid late night showers
- Regular steam inhalation which relieves congestion of nose and throat
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid daytime sleeping
Asthma is a condition in which airways narrow and swell and produce extra mucus causing breathing difficulty . cough, wheezing and shortness of breath. Symptoms of Asthma include shortness of breath, chest tightness, wheezing and coughing.
Chronic allergy is considered to be a major cause of Asthma because Chronic Allergy reduces the body’s natural immunity to resist diseases. Ayurvedic Treatments for Asthma mainly aims at preventing the recurrence of Asthma.
Ayurvedic Treatments for Asthma1. Swedana – Swedana is also known as Steam Therapy. Herbs are infused into the steam to get a medicinal effect depending on the patient condition. Swedana is used as a poorva-karma of panchakarma treatments in Ayurveda. Ayurvedic Therapies like different types of kizhi, Herbal bandage (Upanaham) etc comes under swedana .During all Swedanas, the sweat is induced and directed along the surface of the body that helps the toxins inside to eliminate through specific channels .
2. Vamanam - (Therapeutic Emesis) Aims to eliminate the vitiated dosha
3. Virechanam - (Therapeutic Purgation)Aims to eliminate the vitiated dosha Pranayamas and Yoga are very beneficial in treating respiratory diseases.
Life style changes advised
- Avoid cold and refrigerated food
- Avoid exposure to cold and dust
Inflammation of the lining of the Bronchioles which carry air to and from the lungs. Bronchitis can be acute or chronic. Acute bronchitis is caused by viruses and and is infectious. Chronic Bronchitis is a serious condition which results in the constant irritation of the lining of bronchial tubes.
Symptoms of Bronchitis
- Cough that is frequent and produces mucus.
- Lack of energy.
- Wheezing sound when breathing (may or may not be present).
- Shortness of breath.
Ayurvedic medicines like Amrutarishtam, Dasamoolakadutrayam kashayam, kanakasavam, taleesapatradi choornam, Agastyarasayanam are found to be very effective in Bronchitis. These Ayurvedic medicines helps to pacify the aggravated doshas and to make the channels clear. Take medications only after consultation with our doctor.